View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
No, Dave Brookes (DB) makes his own cars and they are very, very good. They're not quite to Kirkham standard, by his own admission, but you would be hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Kirkhams have become more of a "custom" Cobra in recent years, whereas Dave stays true to the original. He is also a really decent and honest guy. I know a number of people with Dave's Cobras and they love them.

I've never understood the "delicate aluminium" comments when it comes to Kirkhams. Mine is over 10-years old and done well over 30,000 miles and I think the bodies are very tough. The front apron on mine has a good smattering of gravel rash, but then so would anything. I've done a good number of charity track-days on an old military air-base with concrete runways that are constantly shedding grit, which has caused most of the "rash".

If you really want a Kirkham and if you can afford it, I'd say go for it and give that particular itch a good scratch. You can always sell it again later on. You don't want to be saying "I wish... or "if only..." in later years.

ATB
Paul
More memories, fewer regrets.