View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx Mike View Post
It seems to me that most folks interested in Cobras are 55 plus today and the market for these cars is going to start getting smaller in the next 5-10 yrs.
Agreed, but also realize that 50ish is the magic age. It is when the nest is empty, people are making the most they have ever made, and the house is paid for. So after making all the sacrifices for the kids, they are finally free to buy and do what they want. If you would have asked most of us, when we were 30 or 40, what we were interested in, most would not have answered getting a Cobra. We had other priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx Mike View Post
Most folks under 35 that I run into at car shows don't know what a Cobra is.
True, but I have seen the eyes light up when they see my Cobra. From 6 yrs old on up, people who have no idea what it is, instantly fall in love with this car. I never had a clue how many women are actually as much car guy as any man, until I bought the Cobra. How can you look at Cobra and not fall in love at first sight? If I Cobra doesn't float your boat, then no car ever will.

All that said yes it is not an investment.

Oh yea one more thought. The super muscle cars being built today, and even 20yr ago, will not be operable, when they are 50 yrs old. They are piling so much technology onto new cars that is obsolete by the time you pay them off, it is mind boggling. See if you can get someone to fix an Atari (a video game made in the 80's). In 2068, you will be able to buy parts for a Model A Ford, before you would be able to make a 2018 anything run again. At least that is my prediction.

Last edited by olddog; 06-22-2018 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: one more thought