View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

So let's just hypothetically say I did get a Kirkham. Let's assume I drive it a half dozen years or so. Then I decide I'm getting too old, reflexes are slowing down, and it is just too much to handle. So the day comes that I put it up for sale.

I realize that the market for replicas of a Cobra is small compared to the general public. Of the population that would love to own one, many do not have the money to even pay $25K. So it only stands to reason that of this group of people only a small percent can afford to put out $150K. Those who can, most likely are not worried about price and are much more concerned about what they want.

Of the Kirkhams I have looked at, the lowest price I found was a very nice polished 427 SC with a small block at $90K. The lowest priced with an FE was $120K (only saw one) and the rest were north of $140K. So lesson one, put a small block in most lower priced glass cars, not so big a deal. Put it in a high end ERA or Kirkham and it is a different ball game.

So assuming one puts a quality FE and a worked over TKO 600 in a Kirkham. How long would you expect it takes to sell it? A few months, a year, or years?