View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
Joe will want just the motor, but Patrick's suggestion makes sense. You can also give Joe a call and ask him what information he needs to diagnose it. He's not real talkative, but knows FEs and is honest.
I went to him for my build and he does very nice, meticulous work. Frankly, I would be astounded if you managed to spin a bearing, be it main or rod, with just 6000 miles on the engine and no incident of losing your oil, etc.

I went back and read your original post where you said "I was able to drive it 5 miles home by feathering the gas and minimizing the knock sound. Car still ran well and did not die at any stoplights." If you couldn't feel any problem, but could only hear a really scary sound, then there are other parts that are more likely than a spun bearing -- sometimes even the fuel pump can make a "knocking" sound, and that's not a bad problem. A youtube posting of the sound could help -- if you really did spin a bearing, then the damage is already done. But I hate to say "go ahead and fire her up and post a video."