View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectibles, Forte 427 SB, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Hello there!

I`m running the 11" brakes on my car.
I did swap out the GM metric single piston calipers on the front for the Wilwood single piston caliper. (don`t have the part# right this minute)
Kept the 11" rotors on the front.
For the rears, I kept the explorer 11" set up.
I`m also running manual brakes. (Corvette master cylinder from A&C)
I`ve had no braking issues at all. Matter of fact, I have yet to lock them up on the street. (My car is not a track car.)

As for the wheels, I`m running the 17" knockoffs from Bob Lacey at Vintage Wheel. (same tire size`s as yours. 245 & 315)
He was a little cheaper than going with Team III and his communication was better than Team III`s also.
Bob is familiar with A&C Cobra`s so he knew the proper backspacing and offsets for our car. I also purchased the lug covers and spinners. (He includes the lug nuts already)

With the above set up, there`s no clearance or rub issues at all.

I did notice your installing a second gen Coyote motor? I asked Joe T. about installing one of those in our cars and he says they don`t fit unless you do MAJOR frame modifications. That engine is too wide for our frames.
He said he had built one for a customer (per their request) but said it was an absolute pain in the you know what.

I took delivery of my kit in October 2015 and pulled it out of the garage under it`s own power in September of 2017.
I`d consider my build one of the more "recent" A&C builds here.

Any other questions, post `em up. Give us a day or 2 (or 3) and somebody will get back to you.

Mike

Last edited by H-Rod; 07-09-2018 at 08:13 AM..