View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post
SAI utilized both 48 IDM and 48 IDA Weber systems on the engines they built. Both systems were very tunable for small block Ford applications and can be used on bib block applications as well. 48s have als been used successfully on four cylinder VW and Porsche engines as well. I know of several stock to mildly built Ford small block engines that run 48 IDA Weber systems. Yes, the 48 Webers might be challenging to properly tune but the performance gain once dialed in is awesome!

Part of tunable means several sizes of factory and aftermarket "chokes" (slip in main venturi) can be swapped in and out. The flow "size" can be changed dramatically to suit driver tastes, altitudes, engine size, and degree of other modifications from inlet air temperature to size and lengths of exhaust components. Of course there is an near limitless set of combinations of fuel jets and air bleeds to go along with "tuning" for different engines and conditions.

Last edited by Dan Case; 07-09-2018 at 08:59 AM..