View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

If there are other forks available with different TOB mount heights I would investigate one or more of them. The other possibility is the fork is correct and the throwout bearing has different heights available. If that is the case drop back one size to a 'shorter' height bearing.

I suspect I am preaching to the choir on this one but, your final assembly needs to have adequate room to accomodate normal disc wear. As the disc wears the pressure plate face will get closer to the flywheel and the release fingers will rise getting closer to the TOB. Your assembly needs to be able to accommodate this normal sort of wear without the release fingers contacting the TOB.

My suspicion (I don't know for a fact) is that you will find potentially two or more usable forks and TOB's which (in the right combination) should provide proper clearance after a bit of fiddling with different pieces. Although I don't use an FE, I went through a similar Easter Egg hunt with my Lakewood housing and a custom dual disc clutch install. A bit aggravating but solvable.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.