Thread: Hi.
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Today I fabricated the throttle cable spring bracket and got a dozen throttle springs to choose from and installed two springs. I also built the basic bracket for bracing the fuel line and installed it onto the intake. The attachment to the line hopefully will happen tomorrow. The power steering hoses are leaking though.

I started it up, we set the timing and it seemed to be running fine. I took it out and ran up the road a couple of miles. The car feels perfect. Very solidly planted. The steering is perfect with no play and the alignment seems very good too. I ran it through the gears gingerly and ran it up to about 80 indicated. It was turning about 2200 rpm. I took it back to the shop. Water temp was fine, a bit low possibley.

I also checked the header outlet temps at each cylinder and they all are in the low 600 range at idle with the motor warm after the test drive.

I was sitting too high so I'll want to lower the seat or reduce the pad and will try to get the gas pedal closer to me.

Woooo Hoooooo!

Maybe I can race it this weekend.