View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratchbuild, 289 FIA Replica
Not Ranked     

It's been awhile, but I've been busy at work and only tonight was able to take the MigMax 215 out for a trial run.

I've taken courses in MIG, but frankly, sucked at it, making globs and porcupines, mainly. I'd grown up with O/A so just gave up on MIG completely.

I swear, when you try this MIGMAX, you'll realize that you barely need to be there to hold the gun. This thing basically welds on its own; the only thing you need to do is to switch it on and get the tip somewhere near your work piece and pull the trigger. The computer in the machine does everything else. It welds close, it welds far away, it welds regardless of the tip angle, and does so almost as softly as my Meco Midget N O/A rig.

Total set up was to put a roll of .030 on, adjust the tension, dial in the material and wire thickness and weld. My first welds weren't perfect looking, but they had good penetration and could be hammered without failure. This thing "feels" just like welding with O/A. Can't wait to get good at it and to make pretty and strong welds.