View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Ford Coyote 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default August 18 Lake Tahoe

Good Evening

I’m putting this out there in order to give anyone who's interested time to plan and attend. I'm suggesting a run to Lake Tahoe on Saturday, 8/18/18, which happens to be the 3rd Saturday of that month.

What I was thinking was that we could meet at C&C, and then leave Palladio at whatever time is convenient for everyone, perhaps between 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM. Traffic up to the lake is usually not too bad at that time of day, and in order to keep the route simple and enjoy a beautiful drive, I would suggest we go up 50 and then along the lake to the Bear Beach Cafe at 3310 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, where we could stop for breakfast - I understand they have good food and fresh baked goods, and a spectacular lake view.

From there it's anyone's call. Those who want to go back down the hill could do so, and if others wanted to join us for a cruise around Lake Tahoe going out 89 through Kings Beach and back around to Southshore, or some other activity, we're up for it. It's too bad that Pam and I can't organize this for 8/11/18, as they have the annual wooden boat show scheduled for that weekend, but when we did Snakes to the Lake last year they did a cruise half the way around the lake, and then stopped and played miniature golf, so any suggestions for activities like that would be welcomed.

I'm not trying to turn this into anything other than either a breakfast, or a half day trip depending on how much you want to drive, and it should be a beautiful time of year to make a run up there. I think it would be a nice drive without being too lengthy, and while we could obviously do it with one or two cars, it would be great if we could get between six and ten to participate.

Please consider and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks very much,

Bill Sardam