View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #418, 428FE
Not Ranked     

Great info. I’ll call Jim tomorrow. I’m in North End as well, near Oronoque. I drive a big loop down James Farm past Booth a lot. I haven’t even ventured to take valve covers off, so hopefully I’ll get some insight one way or another over next 2weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66AC View Post
Egreaves20:

Small world, I am in Stratford as well. In our town we have two great engine builders, Jim Coleman (over at Automotive Restorations) who runs an engine shop and Don Scinto on Stratford Avenue just past Jiffy Lube. Both are very seasoned veteran engine builders and machine shops.

Jim rebuilt my old 428 the winter before last. At a launch, the woodruff key in the upper timing chain gear broke and my valve train kinda got crushed and pistons heavily kissed. Close inspection showed that the shroud over the key was somewhat defective and probably should never have been used by the original builder who I shall not name.

Hopefully Cobra Automotive can get you all straightened out. At least from a diagnosis perspective. If you need engine rebuild work then Jim is a guy to consider. He was Paul Newman's engine guy and pretty much can work on anything. If you use him, contact him directly by going into Automotive Restorations and asking for him. He is usually there by 9AM.

Lastly, you should get in touch with me, I am up in the North End near Booth Park and have been running #375 for 20+ years now.

Art
1995 ERA #418