View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Amazing Car Rally near Los Angeles

Santa Monica Sports Car Club is hosting an evening car rally on August 3rd. It is called The First Friday Niter Rally and this month it is really special. I ran checkout on this event last week and man, it was fun! I often talk about the scenery on rallies, but the roads on this rally will take your breath away. I don't usually stop for anything during checkout, but this time we had to pull over and get out to appreciate the amazing sights. I look forward to working the checkpoints so I can visit those roads again. Larry made this a "Kinder and Gentler" event so beginners should have a great time too. Believe me, you do not want to miss this rally!

Be at the parking lot behind Bank of America in Mission Hills at Devonshire and Sepulveda at 7:30 PM to register. Entry fee is $15 (I think). Bring your Cobra or open top car for the best views. Awards will be given for the best times at the checkpoints. But, you will have so much fun running this course, you probably will not care about the trophies.

RS