View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luce View Post
Since this is inside the cabin of the car I would not rely on any fitting other that hard metal pipe. This means external fuel pump. It adds complexity and requires space, but a surge tank and jockey pump would be a nice addition. Fuel starvation with an EFI pump is a real problem. You lose fuel pressure and pump prime and the engine is dead until prime and pressure are regained, then you'll likely have a hiccup when the bubble makes it to the injectors.
Thanks for the reply and sorry I gave a misleading description on the tank location. It is not actually inside the cabin. It does run between the seats but the car has a "high backbone" aluminum chassis that covers the fuel tank. So there's 1/4" aluminum sheet between the fuel tank and the cabin. There is no exposure between the tank and cabin.

I'm very familiar with EFI, fuel sloshing and then fuel starvation. I had that issue in my Cobra for a long time before finally finding a solution for it. This is why I'd like to find a in-tank pump solution for the Miura.

Does the additional information change your answer?