View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

My first time seeing this thread also… and I too read it completely.

I have no regrets. I have #509… that came from the collection of… and had been set up for racing by… the late Jay Nordstrom… although to my knowledge Jay never actually got to race it. The styling of the body isn’t 100% true to the original… but for my tastes… I like the way it looks.

The car is well built… is somewhat versatile when it comes to engine/transmission combos… and gets high marks from local, long time hot rodders. For example, my tonneau cover had been lost… so I bought another and had a local speed shop line up and install the snaps on the new cover. He’s been in the business for 40+ years and is very well respected within the community. While he had it in his shop… he took an opportunity to look it over. He was very impressed with the build quality… and given the quality of the rods he’s constructed for his customers… that spoke volumes.

I can agree with some of the sentiment being posted regarding the support owners get out of Boynton Beach. It is… at best… minimal. To read that BDR “excelled” at “after sale support” in 2005 was indeed a surprise… although that may have been a dealer and not the guys in Florida. That’s where dealers like VMS and Radical Roadsters have stepped in nicely. Makes me wish THEY were the owners and not the dealers… as the support they offer… should be what Boynton Beach offers. Fortunately… my car has been rock solid… and has required little in the way of support from Florida.

Every car… from every manufacturer… will have teething problems. The fact that people who experienced problems would buy another is telling. That said… I would also buy another one… but it would be from a dealer… like VMS… that has a proven track record for reliability in their builds… and supports the Customer after the sale.