Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 289 Street
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk289 View Post
Looking forward to these, thanks Jeff.
One question though - does anyone know how these fix to the chassis? I know the mounting holes should line up with the 'U' section outrigger supports under the ali floor pans, two each side. But when I've tried to fit originals before the inner mount positions are impossible to access due to the main chassis tube position (chassis's a Kirkham - same dimensions as original AC). Is there a trick to this - am I missing something?
Jeff, do the new ones come with threaded studs for mounting to the floor, or do we need to use machine screws?
Roger,

Consider these NOS Leverolls.. that accurate in all dimensions. Perhaps some pix of your car chassis would speed up the info flow?

Tracks come with no fasteners. That decision is up to you. SA crews brazed in countersunk headed fasteners right over the plating. Sometimes hex head bolts were brazed in as well, after the track was counter bored. I have a ton of pix from the originals that have a more than a few different type of fasteners used. Even seen stick welded threaded rod used.. not pretty!

Perhaps Dan can chime in with what he has in his research-