Thread: Brake advice?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 11:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, GT FPV 5.4L 290kw Boss
Not Ranked     
Angry Brake advice?

Afternoon all I'm in need of some advice on my rear brake issues.
Here is some background info, FFR kit which supplies all the braking components from a 99/04 mustang twin piston front and single piston rear calipers with standard non slotted rotors. I have installed a 7" dual diaphragm booster fitted with a XB master cylinder with an in built prop valve.

Here's the issue the pedal requires a lot of pressure to stop the car and only at the bottom of the pedal does the front end want to lock up. After testing/bedding in the brakes they feel weak and almost non assisted by the booster . I have had the bosster rebuilt and the master cylinder stainless steel sleeved I have replaced the pads for softer ones and tested again now the car dips the front end a little better but still requires a lot of pressure. After the brake checks the front rotors are really hot but the rears feel cool, I have fitted a aftermarket prop valve and wound it all the way on and off but no change I have checked the vacuum on the booster and that's up in the 20s so I am now at a complete loss. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated thank you

Regards Psycho