View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, SP03246, Ford Coyote 5.0 Liter
Not Ranked     

Good Evening All:

Looks like the Cobra gods are smiling on us. The sky is turning blue, air quality is pretty much back to normal, and it looks as if this Saturday will be a beautiful day for a drive to Lake Tahoe.

Pam and I are planning on getting to C&C in Folsom about 7:30 AM, and we’ll get a spot where we can all rendezvous. I would suggest that anyone going with us line up around 8:25 AM, and that we leave at 8:30 AM and head up 50. We could stop at the Chevron at Fresh Pond for those who need fuel, and then continue up 50 to the Bear Beach Cafe, which is located at 3310 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, SLT [(530) 541-2321].

Mapquest says it will take 1 hour 43 minutes, although I think it’ll be less, but we’ll call it two hours with the stop. We’ll follow 50 to the “Y”, and then turn right for about 3 miles until we reach the restaurant. They don’t take reservations, so we’ll have to wait our turn, but it should be a nice place to do so.

After breakfast we can decide whether anyone is up for a further drive around the lake, or somewhere else in the area, and those that are done with driving or have other commitments can obviously head back down the hill.

I also wanted to mention the upcoming Hangtown Evening Car Show on 8/30/18 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. It’s sponsored by the Placerville Lions Club, and only costs $15.00 per car if you register before 8/20/18. Anyone interested can contact me and I’ll pass along the registration information.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and to a great drive through the mountains!