View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default A little tease and getting ready for the US Vintage Grand Prix

At the end of this race season it will be time to refresh the engine and prepare it for next years race season. Being that I have to go through the engine and check/replace parts such as bearings, springs, rings, etc. I thought it might be time for a little change to make the car more true to it's intended FIA origins. So, I contacted Jim Inglese and he is putting together a set of 48 IDA's and we will be customizing a cam to optimize performance. The fuel lines still need to be installed, bother is how it sits so far. This is the first time that Jim has made a fueling with AN fittings, looks pretty nice. Next week I should have a photo of the completed setup.

A few weeks away from the US Vintage Grand Prix. Signed up for the Enduro, which is a 60 minute race with one mandatory 5 minute pitstop. When I first signed up for it, this will be my first enduro, the enduro was scheduled at 9 am and my next race that day was at 2 pm. No problem, just need to get a fellow racer with a are suit to be there when I fuel up as there needs to be two people in fire suits, one with the gas can and the other with a 10b fire extinguisher aimed at the fuel cell. When i checked the provisional schedule yesterday, they had updated the schedule and now my race is at 8:30 and the enduro remains at 9

That means that I will have to top off the fuel cell prior to the first race, pull into the paddock, add another quick 5 gallons of fuel, grab a drink of water, relieve myself and get back on the track before the pace car completes the pace lap .

It will be fun. If anybody is going to be at the Glen for the race let me know. I am making homemade pasta and sauce for dinner Saturday night in the paddock after the races have finished. Being that the enduro is on Saturday as well, I may start dipping into the vino while I am cooking dinner

Take care,

Jim