Thread: Hi.
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Nothing much done this week or last. I had cataract surgery last wed. and will do the other eye today. Lots of thinking.

In my receipts from the PO there is a receipt for raising the car 1" on its suspension "to improve streetability" or some such. The truth, I believe, is that it was raised to keep it off the tires because they stick out too far. So I am looking for wheels with more backspacing so I can lower the car and the tires will tuck up inside the fender like they should.

The problem is finding wheels that fit 5 on 5" bolt patterns that will carry the tires and not be too heavy. I found some lovely wheels but they are for 5 on 4.75" bolt patterns.

I may have the studs relocated in the hub to fit the 5 on 4.75" pattern that is common with Corvettes of certain years and look to have backsets which will be an improvment to what I have.

I also noted that the lower a arms on front are not parallel to the ground. I believe I'll have to relocate the front down so they will be parallel.

The rear I am trying to figure out but I think lowering it will settle the car too.

Last edited by t walgamuth; 08-21-2018 at 06:49 PM..