View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     
Default Just checking in...

What's up Az Cobra gang?

Just checking in to say hi. Several of you have emailed/PM'd me offline asking how things are going, so thought I'd drop a quick note.

Firstly- Patti's heart condition has stabilized with medication, so no immediate surgery plans (relief). She will be on this prescription regimen for the rest of her life, but the Dr says she is ok to play the trumpet...

Car-wise, yeah, I miss my Cobra a lot, but I'm forcing myself to use what little spare time I have to finish the other 4 (or is it 5?) car projects I have stacked up in my backyard before any more toy-cars roll into the garage. I hit on a barn-find 54 Chevy 3100 shortbed with the bigger 261 engine earlier this year, so guess where that ended up? Yup- in my backyard, waiting it's turn under the wrench, but the body is flawless, the Patina is perfect, and the combination of short bed, with the larger engine is the rarest of the rare in these old pickups... It had been sitting under a pile of pack-rat nests stacked on top of pack-rat nests, beneath an old palo-verde tree out in the desert, since 1984.

So many projects, so little time... If things go as I intend, there will be space another Cobra in the garage in the next year or so. I've already built the next Cobra my head about 10 times now.

I'll be checking in with you guys this fall/winter as the weekend car show weather starts rolling in. My big, gas-sucking 71 Blazer is just about ready to start showing off, and I finally have one of my 3 Nissan Patrols just about ready for paint, so I'm hoping to have the body back on the frame of that bad-boy sometime in the next few months.

so many projects, so little time...
Attached Images