View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocheck View Post
Took my 2012 BDR to the track for the first time last night. The rear brakes kept locking up on me with any type of heavy braking. The fronts were getting warm, but the rears were doing too much of the work.
I had changed out the fluid to high temp and I am pretty sure I got all of the old fluid out. The pads are the stock pads that came with the car. I don't remember seeing any kind of brake bias control under the car.

Has any one else experienced this on track? It was bad enough that it worries me that I may have a serious problem on the street in a panic stop situation.
Your fronts should lock up prior to the rears. If the rears are locking up first and you have the same compound pads on both the front and the rear you have an issue with your braking system and should have it looked at.

Just adding a proportioning valve to the rears to limit their bite will only reduce the braking ability of the rears and this will resolve the rear locking up first part, but it will increase peddle pressure to stop the car and I am convinced you have an issue with the fronts.

It isn't how fast your car can go
It is how fast your car can change direction

Home of Fake Snake Racing