View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mark III, 460 big block
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiewan View Post
Well irt was a good run finally but my Arntz Butler Cobra is now totaled. It had an engine fire but was caused be some wiring rear the coil. I have a SBC in it so everything is under the cowling. I am bummed and thinking about salvaging it as there is no frame damage just a carburetor, coil, some rewiring and some fiberglass. Hagerty's adjuster says it $42k worth of damage. They have the motor as a full replacement and worth $12.5k. I'm questioning the adjuster as well as the process they use for the evaluation for the buy back price. Anyone have experience with this? I hope not but just in case anyone is one their second Cobra as I will be doing soon.

So if anyone has a cobra for sale I might be interested. I might even look at a 550 spyder (i know different group) Thanks for any help.

Hello. I’m so very sorry to hear of your car. Your in luck though. I’m wanting to sell my Mark III, it’s not actively listed for sale, just word of mouth. It’s a beautiful car, ( I know, everyone says that about their car) but you must see it in person to appreciate it. I won’t go into a ton of details about it, if your interested, certainly feel free to call and will gladly tell everything you want to know about it.

Call anytime!

Tom
Cell 209-518-4847