View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@harrison.ne View Post
I am continually surprised when manufacturers build a beautiful car and then don't get the simplest details right. I guess it's because the customers don't care and they are selling all they can make. I am talking about things like: glove box lock way too low (this glove box door looks pretty good but some some are way off in size, shape , and location), no high beam indicator visible, totally wrong charge light, silly door hinge covers, too long a shift lever, no Lincoln overflow tank, wrong air cleaner, K code sticker on air cleaner,... Fortunately most will be easy to fix but it would cost no more to build it right. I love my slabside but if I wanted another I would get them to leave the dash out and I'd build my own like I've done before. Same for air cleaner and overflow tank.
Jon,

Some of your points are well taken.

The Harrison tank was used on early cars before the McCord tank became available and that was the choice for this car (while the McCord tank looks like the Lincoln tank, it is very different and many of the replica cars we see have the Lincoln tank...I can pick it out easily but would never dis someone's car because of it). Likewise the AC type knobs as opposed to the US supplied knobs. The original type high beam indicator is another item that can be procured but at a large price increase. Many customers are not looking for that level of "authenticity" but want the basic 60's driving experience which the Superformance provides with the original type frame and suspension.

The "289 Hi-Po" sticker comes on the repop air cleaner and most customers like it. We can supply a 95% correct car with the correct alternator and plug, valve covers, etc. It is a matter of what the customer wants. And the "silly door hinge covers" are easily removable but a lot of customers like not knocking knees on the hinges.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/