View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     
Default US Vintage Grand Prix video 2018

I have two videos from the time trials. I wish that I had a rear facing camera, because a lot of the video at times shows an empty field in front of me and it looks like I am running by myself. What it does not show are the Mustangs and Corvettes that I am holding off. Had a lot of tight competition with a 66 Mustang, a GT350 and some early 70's corvettes.

In both videos, the sessions ended with a black flag all and we had to return to the paddocks. In the first video it is because a corvette started dropping oil on the track. Also, my line in the first video on the back straight prior to the bus stop is a little off as in a prior race someone dropped a lot of oil on the outside edge of the track and it was covered in speedi dry (you will see white powder on the outside edge) and it was quite slippery on it, so I had to alter my line.

In the second video the session ended due to a crash coming out of the toe of the boot. One of the participants was in the garage bay next to me, he was driving a corvette. According to him another corvette, that you will see on the right, broke his shifter linkage and pulled over onto the grass. The guy next to me was chasing down a Mustang and right about where the corvette was parked the Mustang's rear broke loose and he got sideways. The Corvette tried to avoid him and then realized that he would hit the parked corvette and turned towards the opposite side of the track heading towards the wall so that he would not hit the parked car. At that time, an E type Jag decided to make a move and pass all of them on the left. The Corvette and the Jag collided and you can see the aftermath on the track.

So, for both videos, once you see me slow down and go by the wreckage, you might as well stop watching, pretty boring views of me heading back to the garage. Looking forward to comment and suggestions. Do wish that I had video of the Enduro.

by the way, trying to decide if I go to Virginia International Raceway for the race next Wednesday. North Carolina and Virginia are going to be hit by a hurricane soon and I am not sure if the race will be on or not. Dennis Olthoff thinks that the worst of it will be done by the endow Saturday. He will let me know if it looks good. Byron is checking for me as well.

https://youtu.be/VmcEpoliP68

https://youtu.be/Yhe-zLEIDwo

Jim