CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Thanks!

I'd like to run CAMs too but my car is under 2100#. I don't see how to add that much lead safely.

I may run unballasted in E mod or possibly with about some ballast in XP.

So far I am just trying to get the car down to the ride height it was designed for after one of the PO raised it to clear very wide tires and wrong offset in the wheels which apparenlty caused the fenders to ground on the tires.

I got it running pretty well now and have installed my kirdey seats.

I'll get there.
Boy that is really a lot of weight to add. It is too bad that the SCCA did not investigate the issue prior to changing the rule. I have looked at both X and emod but decided my car would not be competitive in either. The Cam class was a place for people like us to run supposedly free of SCCA politics. Once again the desire to get more entrants in the class has resulted in rules tailored to high volume cars. Adding 400 pounds would be very difficult and probably unsafe. You might make it work in X prepared with a high reving small block,
huge tires and good geometry. The RX7 cars are tough in that class, about 400 hp with turbo rotaries but a 600 horse small block might do it. Emod would be impossible, Kiesel dominates there with a light weight sprite and turbo rotary power with an even faster car coming next year.