View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Unique,

Thanks!

One part of the puzzle is definitely solved.

And as always, one solution leads directly to the next puzzle.

The solution to the first part of the problem is that the original flasher was indeed wired with reversed polarity. I corrected the polarity and the incandescent-style original flasher continued to work as before: LED taillights and incandescent parking lights, all 1157 bulbs or equivalent.

So I breathlessly substituted the solid state flasher and lo and behold it flashed! Well, at least the dashboard lamp flashed. Alas, the external lights did not flash at all. Not any of them.

My suspicion is that there may be a secondary relay somewhere that causes the rest of the problem. I have no idea whether or where that one may be, so the setup will go back to the incandescent-style flasher and parking lamps, and LED taillights.

I have no accurate wiring diagram, so chasing the next part of this problem will be at least as interesting as before.

At some indeterminate future time I plan to revisit the problem and maybe make another step, but not today!