View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA kit on order
Not Ranked     

Loving all of the input so far.

I should have mentioned before but as soon as I have the money I want to buy a LeMans top from Mr Bruce. Watching videos from Goodwood is what ended up making me change my mind and go with an FIA instead of a 427, that's the look I'm going for. Even if my wife didnt make the heater mandatory I think the defrosters might help with windshield fog in certain seasons. I know in my 67 GMC a small amount if warm air can really clear my windshield up. I know I didnt mention the lemans top before but does this change any stances on the heater or is it still useless?

Also, I think the trunk mount battery is standard on the FIA but I'll check with Peter next time I talk to him. Thanks for bringing this up, I for sure want the battery in the rear.

As for heated seats, is this something that can be done to the ERA seats or would I have to buy different ones? I hear ERA's street seats are some of the best around.

For the oil cooler, I guess I'll get the car running and install after the fact if I really need it. At track days the most I rin right now is 3 or 4, 20 minute sessions spaced about an hour apart so the large oil pan should be fine.

I'll look into the powder coated chassis. If ERA will bond the body fir me and let me do all of the riveting and other stuff I'd be happy to let them do it if it costs less, maybe I'll ask Peter if this could work?

If I do end up bonding the body I plan on making a video so others planning a build can see what it's all about. Then you all can point out what I did wrong. If it happens maybe I'll make another post and ask if there is anyone around WI has bonded a body and would want to come and supervise in exchange for dinner. We will see.

Thank for the advise so far, keep it coming.

Last edited by Bearwolf; 10-10-2018 at 07:52 AM..