View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I have every option that is available, except the window washer spritzer bag and wool carpeting, and most of them you don't need, and a lot of them you'd never even know were on there. If you're watching the cost, make your decision on something based on how hard/costly it is to add it in the future. The costliest upgrade, should you choose to do it later, is the pin drive hubs and wheels. So make that decision now carefully. You don't need the ERA outboard braked rear, and you don't need a heater/defroster. You don't need heated seats either, just get your wife a 12v powered electric blanket and she can use that -- it actually is better than heated seats. You don't need wool carpeting, leather seats are another "that will cost you later, so think" but not as much as the pin drive choice. High-end gauges, mahogany steering wheels with quick release hubs, over-the-top big brakes, extra large cooling fan(s), you don't need any of that and you can always add it later. Rear sway bar, later. Oil cooler, later (I like mine and use it). Powder coating and body bonding are a now or never choice. Stuff like the Girling reservoirs, "accurate" knobs and switches, all that can wait until later. You can ceramic coat your pipes later, let that wait. Sun visors and wind wings, later. Seat belts... ehrrr, better get those now.