View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Some misinformation here. If you order the car un-bonded, it still comes assembled body to frame with all metal panels loosely screwed in place ( such as screws in corners etc). There are metal clips positioning the body on the frame. There is no reason to remove the body from the frame unless you just want to, to completely undercoat it or something. The assembly clips are your alignment jigs for returning the body to correct alignment when bonding. There's no reason for additional garage space - my body never left the frame during my build. I pre-drilled the rivet holes at the boding points, removed the screws securing the body to the positioning clips, raised the body slightly with wooden shims, injected the epoxy into all the bonding spaces, pulled the shims and lowered the body back down (like about 1/4 inch), secured the clips which puts the body in perfect position and then installed the additional rivets per ERA's instructions. I bonded and riveted the rockers as a second operation. I'm telling you it's so dead simple that anyone who can't handle it needs to buy a completely assembled car. And if that is what you prefer to do then there's nothing wrong with that.

Go to the first page of my photo album link below and you will see exactly how it's shipped in-bonded. There are also pictures of my bonding the body.