View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3018 - Lykins 289 H.O. SBF
Not Ranked     

Deposit was placed in April 2017, so an 18 month wait. Second deposit in early September. Balance of the base kit (less options) will be in about two weeks. The wait was no biggie for me.

I'm painting it Indigo Ink Pearl (dark metallic blue Lexus color 8P4), and the seats are a medium brown leather. Should be a nice contrast. I'm using Brandon. He's got three cars in front of me, so most likely he won't get to mine until the end of the year or January. Then back to ERA for final assembly. Looking at March 2019 to actually have it in my possession.

I'll most likely be going to Brent Lykins for the engine/tranny set up. Brent had mentioned using a 289 block for authenticity and I like that idea. TKO 5 speed, .82 final drive, 3.54 rear end.

Undermount exhaust. Wire wheels with whitewall tires. Sort of a Steve McQueen look, haha.

Some of the other options are the removable steering wheel, 3 fluid cans, inboard rear end, sway bars both ends, heater/defroster, windshield wipers, Tripode headlights, seat tracks, and tonneau cover. No side curtains, no top. I will treat this as a four wheel motorcycle, weather-wise. Fortunately we have seven months of dry weather from November to May, and it's warm.

Last edited by dacobb; 10-12-2018 at 01:51 PM..