View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 View Post
CSX 3170 will pull 1.3 G on just about any surface using Bridgestone RE71 200 UTAG tires 285/30/18 fronts and 305/30/19 rears. On good concrete we have seen over 1.4. These are not spike loads but sustained through a corner. I have not tried it on a skid pad but assume it would be similar. We also get 1.0 to 1.1 in acceleration and 1.2 braking G. We are trying a different brand this weekend will let you know if it is better. BFG Rivals pulled about .1 G less cornering and .1 G more acceleration and braking so we switched to Bridgestone three years ago. Under max G load the car lifts both front and rear inside tires slightly off the pavement like a gokart. There is a picture in my gallery of the car doing that. Cobra cornering power is helped by weight put hurt by track width. These numbers are all in the 40-65 mph range. Aerodynamics will limit high speed cornering loads unless you do what Morris has done and fix the high speed aerodynamics.
After watching that video not sure we could pull those G's on a 200 foot pad, would be fun to find out though.

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it.