View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

well ive been powering ahead amazing how much extra time and money you have to spare when you sell a race car i cant believe how many hrs every week i was spending on it.
so since last report i have mounted the radiator hoses and overflow bottles ect ect
and have the engine wiring loom fitted ive mounted the ecu and body control module.

. finally sorted out the shifter linkage man those 6 speed auto boxes are huge could not even get a 10 mm rod from the shifter to the linkage between the box and the trans tunnel. i am glad the guys at absolute pace modded my trans tunnel otherwise there would not been a hope in hell of it fitting it had me pullin g my hair out for a couple of days.
ive mounted a panel from the steering bar back to the firewall on a hinge that my relays /fusebox ob port mount on so it can be out of sight but i can pull it down to get to the electrics if needed..

have started on the dash board and have finally found a auto sparkys to wire the car up . even that has been a mission i have 2 auto sparkys keen to do it but neither of them bothered to turn up to even look at the car then i find a young bloke who lives about 500 metres from me who will come around a few nights a week after work to wire it up . that wont be till end of november as he has a few jobs already pre booked in one is a complete wiring job on a nice 57 chev with a supercharged ls engine in it .
getting close to putting the body back on it soon so at least it will look like a car again . hope all the other guys building cars are progressing as well.
cheers dean