Thread: Starting issue
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 06:02 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
OK, I will do one thing at a time. I set the meter to Ohms (auto), and measured across the pickup coming from the dist, those are the wires you are suggesting right? My reading is erratic and keeps rising. In mega-ohms it start around .710 and just keeps going up the longer I keep the probes on the wire metal ends. I stopped testing it at 1.022. On line conversion of .710 mega-ohms is 710000 ohms. Does this big number real mean 710 ohms? I told you electricity is not my strong suite
OK, I think you said you had purchased a new magnetic pickup some time ago. Take that one out of the package and practice measuring the resistance across its leads. We want to see 500 to 700 ohms, just like what you see in the picture on this page. https://www.holley.com/support/troub...ng_techniques/ Then, after you've mastered measuring the resistance across the new one, tackle the old one and compare the results.