Thread: Starting issue
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Hey, this thing is going to run again...YAY!
I installed the pickup and as you said, went pretty good. I am having problems with that anti chafe plastic gizmo the wires go thru. I was running out of time so I gave up on that for now. I connected the wires , powered on the battery, key on, coil wire tester re-installed, hit the remote starter and a beautiful intense blue spark was happily seen! I will pick up after I get back from vacation. Hard to believe it just quit suddenly. I guess if it is going to die, better in your own garage than stranded on the side of the road!
So what about these holes in the cap? What do you guys think of (3) 1/4" holes, I think that is way to much. What size holes did you drill ? Where and how many.
Any advice on that plastic piece that goes around the wires and sits in the hole in the bottom of the distributor.
Lastly, thank you guys for the help with this, I really appreciate it a lot!!! This is what is so great about forums! Hopefully treads like this will help others.
Dave
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear