View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 04:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Hi Glen, Joe at Old School, is just a hoot to be around, the perfect DRY sense of humor. I've known him since 1977 off & on. He was a crew chief with some of the "best of the best" back in the 935 & 962 day's of Porsche IMSA program. He had a shop "Gilmore Automotive" in Seattle for 20+years, he did one off Ferrari, Merc, Porsche, etc. Restoration's. He thought he would try to retire, well that didn't work, (Too many "Honey Do" list's ) So he had a shop built here in Port Orchard, I went in to see what a "Old School Garage" was, and here's Joe standing there Long story longer, I started taking care of the customer cars, Detailing for fun & free (I'm retired) and of course when I brought the Cobra, I asked if he would finish the build. And since he's doing it at a better (Friends) price, it get's put on the list, when nothing else is being worked, mine gets worked on Which is fine with me, when done it will be PERFECT. So now what's left, just the dash install (wiring done) seats, belts, door panel's, carpets, tinkling with drivetrain (it's a running, driving car) just gen. sorting. Joe & I are into vintage stereo's, so we have 2-stereo system's and listen to Jazz 8-hours a day. Needless to say, it a barrel of fun, every day I'm up there. The funniest thing, when people walk in the shop, and there is beautiful, well done, exotic cars here, people are drawn to the Cobra first When people ask if it's real? Joe touches it and say's YES. Hope that help's Glen, to see what a great place the Cobras at. As always Cheers Tom.

Last edited by Alfa02; 10-27-2018 at 05:10 AM..