View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Finally, after more than a year and a half of messing around, I have a drivable car! I really need to get used to driving one of these again; it's been two years.

This car is FAST! It has so much power that I really have to peddle it to keep it moving in a straight line. If I just mash it, it will boil the tires and turn left. It is very quick, and the transmission shifts so fast, you just can't believe it. Just tooling down the highway the engine is just above an idle. It's a real torque monster. If I shift it manually, I can get the engine to really scream, and it's glorious! I have not had the engine above 5,500 or so. Yet.

I added high back seats. I just didn't like the BDR seats. They're raised about 2" in the front, But I think I need to go another 1". I'll play with it until I get to what I like.

The steering is not as tight and precise as I would like it to be. It's manual, and not power. But it still seems to have a dead spot in the center. When I can get it on the rack I can get a better look at it.

The trans tunnel is so wide, that operating the gas pedal is a little awkward and uncomfortable.

I think I'm going to add cruise control. There are a couple of companies that make add on systems for the Coyote. Should be almost a simple plug and play. Sounds good on paper, doesn't it?

It's good to be back in a Cobra again.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto