View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I've got one. It's kind of a fun toy. Frankly, you don't need it -- and it was pretty expensive when they were making it. You know, if you just have a dial indicator that has a locking flex post, like this: https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/3233989 it would work just as well. I have that and the flex post screws in to a special set of vise grips. It makes the dial gauge much more useful than just having the magnetic base. I think I could just lock the vise grips down on one of the big nuts holding the rocker shaft down then I could position the dial right over the tip of the rocker and get a clean read on the lash. Maybe even better than the Valve Gapper tool, which is a little temperamental with my Erson roller rockers. You might try that. And even though I have all that gauge stuff, I still use a Go-No-Go feeler gauge to set my valves. Here's a pic of my valve gapper tool though.

There is nothing in the instruction manual that tells you what the 1" x 1.5 piece of Aluminum is used for. It possibly may be used like a shim???