View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VW Beach buggy
Not Ranked     
Default VW Cobra buggy version 2.0

Hi everybody.
Long time no seen. Back in 2012 I was building a Cobra on a VW Chassis due to the Danish regulations.

VW Cobra build

In late 2012 disaster happened in my life. The waterline into my house broke - when I was no there. Long story short, I had roughly 90.000 liters (23775 gallons) of water in my basement. It ruined the whole house. It also ended up ruining me. I sold everything I owned just to suvive - incl the Cobra I was building.

Since than I have actually not even dared to dream about getting another Cobra. I simply couldnt afford it. I was - and still is actually - completely broke.

Thats why this post is a HUGE surprise. Saturday I picked up a Cobra body again. The deal we made... I am still in awe about that.... was a trade deal. The seller got some things I had, and I got a Cobra body.

Now here is the kicker. The seller didnt know what kit this body came from. I found a unique part of the body - the speakers on the top of the back part of the body.

So according to this link here, what I have is a BestBuy display stand for stereos. That blows me totally away. I absolutely love that its not from a kit. That will make this build very unique.

unknown body

Now, for the plan. Its still the same plan as the first one. To build a VW Beach buggy with a Cobra body on it.
But this also means that I have to do a LOT of fab-work. But thats also the fun part .

The timeframe for this may very well end up being 10 years. But thats ok. I am just happy to have a Cobra back that I can build.