View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:17 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

If Gentleman, and I use that term loosely add a little to this post. I do know a "Little" about hauling, I was a fuel driver (18 Wheeler) for 28years (Texaco & Chevron), and have hauled my race cars at least that long. The way I did and continue to do so, is strapped over the tires. 1- The car will ride on it's own suspenison (Help's absorb the bump's) and No I never had to change race shock's because they wore out while the race car was riding in the trailer. 2-hooking to suspension piece's put's stress on a single point, that it was not designed for. 3-And the best reason for me, I can't bend down or get up as well as I used too. So the tire tie-down is such, I use E-Track, one tie-down behind the tire, looped over the tire to another just in front of the tire, using D-rings, followed by the ratchet to a third. Most of the time I can just kneel down slip the strap over the top of the tire. Nothing comes close to the body. Done & done. If this help's one person, then it was worth writing this long winded post Cheers Tom.

Last edited by Alfa02; 11-17-2018 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Ratchet "Spelling"