View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3018 - Lykins 289 H.O. SBF
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
If Gentleman, and I use that term loosely add a little to this post. I do know a "Little" about hauling, I was a fuel driver (18 Wheeler) for 28years (Texaco & Chevron), and have hauled my race cars at least that long. The way I did and continue to do so, is strapped over the tires. 1- The car will ride on it's own suspenison (Help's absorb the bump's) and No I never had to change race shock's because they wore out while the race car was riding in the trailer. 2-hooking to suspension piece's put's stress on a single point, that it was not designed for. 3-And the best reason for me, I can't bend down or get up as well as I used too. So the tire tie-down is such, I use E-Track, one tie-down behind the tire, looped over the tire to another just in front of the tire, using D-rings, followed by the ratchet to a third. Most of the time I can just kneel down slip the strap over the top of the tire. Nothing comes close to the body. Done & done. If this help's one person, then it was worth writing this long winded post Cheers Tom.
Can you post pics of that for those of us who are amateurs?