View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Scottsdale GoodGuys Shootout

We finally did it, Scott was named Autoxer of the year after qualifying number one and defeating all his opponents on the 32 car ladder. CSX3170 was the only car to break the 40 second barrier and he did that on both Friday and Saturday. We had to put fine mesh perforated metal screens over the exhaust outlets because the car was blowing pylons down on Friday and they count 2 seconds each. The car ran perfectly all weekend, we tried Bridgestone RE71's on the rear with Kuhmo fronts but in the end settled for the 295/25/19 Kuhmo's all around. All we changed after that were shock settings and rear ride height The top six cars were all on Kuhmo's so that was the tire to have. We had some really tough competition this year with the two Summet Racing Corvettes and Robby Unser's tube frame Camaro. The Corvettes both have Warren Johnson built engines and run the 1/4 in the 9's at high 140's on STREET TIRES not cheater slicks! They both have full NHRA legal cages too. Robby's Camaro has a sprint car big inch Chevy with 8 stack injection so very tough competitor too. It was really funny seeing a very stock appearing Cobra running with that group. There is a really good video om Destination Garage that requires Face Book so I don't think it will post here it is about 3 down and after the burn out truck.. We will have a video of Scott from inside the car later this week, I will post when he sends it to me. This is a link to Destination Garage hope it works for you. We pulled 1.39 G on that sandy surface so I was happy about that and of course the result after 5 years of trying. They are going to put CSX3170 on the Cover of their January or Feburary Goodguys Gazette.

https://en-pi.facebook.com/DestinationGarage/