View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Once more we all learn from Dan. Thanks! More info to file in my mental hard drive which is full so I have to delete something to make room. Usually something my wife asked me to do...………..
You are welcome. These things are very complicated 'factory original' wise because tapers and inner diameters were machined differently for different wheels, different chassis number ranges, so on and so forth.

Example: Most race Cobras (roadsters and coupes) SA completed with forged aluminum nuts had four different nuts engineering wise per car. There was the left hand and right hand threads of course but also nuts intended for wheels machined for front hubs on front hubs and nuts intended for wheels machined for rear hubs on rear hubs. Post factory days users got in trouble mixing where wheels went and which nut went where. In the 1970s I saw on ex-racer with rear nuts barely on one and a half thread turns.