View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 2nd gen 5.0 Coyote, XAct Cromo light flywheel, TR3650, 3.25:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

H-Rod,

Thanks for the advice with Vintage Wheel. I recently ordered a set of wheels from him and the transaction went very smoothly. He was very familiar with the A&C and knew the exact wheels to get. I wish our A&Cs didn't require such ridiculous backspacing on the rear. It seems buying custom wheels was the only way and, in my opinion, a complete waste of money compared to how some other kits just use a slightly wider track at the WMS and can use widely produced wheels at a fraction of the cost.

Anyway, I have not had any time to work on the Cobra for the last couple of months, but it does currently have the body resting on the frame, engine and transmission are mounted, and I started putting the headers on. Making the cuts in the body is so nerve wracking.

I'll try to get some photos up at some point. The Coyote looks awesome in the engine bay and really fills it. I had to cut some small holes in the foot boxes to clear the valve covers. I plan on either re-glassing the holes with indents for the covers to clear, or I might use metal. Steering is going to be interesting with how wide this engine is, too.

Hopefully next month I'll be able to get back to it.

Last edited by CoyoteCobra; 11-25-2018 at 11:03 AM..