View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     
Default 427 Cobra fiberglass molds for sale on Craigslist

“Professionally built full Shelby Cobra 427SC mold (mold was taken from an original CSX body that was going in for restoration, therefore all shapes and dimensions are correct). $36,000 invested in it. Asking $18,000.”

You’d be amazed what you can find on Craigslist, and in this instance, I’m not talking about the “missed connections” or political discussions sections. Instead it’s actually a full set of Shelby Cobra fiberglass molds that we came across while doing the biweekly Craigslist crawl. The setup consists of a main body buck and mold, as well as inner and outer door, hood and trunk sections for a 427-style Cobra.

While buying a set of Cobra molds on Craigslist certainly has a degree of sketchiness to it, the molds themselves actually look to be a fairly solid product. I wouldn’t call myself a master of composite layups by any means, but the molds appear to be made from thick material with metal reinforcements and adequate fasteners used. The seller claims that the molds were taken from an “original CSX body that was going in for restoration,” but as always, you should do your own homework and be ready to make plenty of measurements.

https://www.rcnmag.com/fresh-finds/c...-on-craigslist