View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSDFGT View Post
I love following your build. Nice work! Keep it coming!
Thank you.

I was mistaken about when my son comes home. It's on the 12th.

I started on a second frame yesterday. I have a nice jig. But, I want to have a complete one on hand at all times to reference when I build a frame. Once this frame is done I will start on my build.

My original intention when I started with Mr Bruce's Cheetah skins was to modify them and use that body for my car. I had a bunch of parts left over from the years of me building stuff. I figured that I could throw a car together on the cheap.

My mods to the body became so many and so much filler and foam was used that the body wasn't usable. It became a plug and I needed molds just for my body. My son wanted one and my friend that did the finish body work wanted one.

I've been feeling better health wise. So, I'm going to build some component kits as a hobby and for fun. $7900 gets the body, frame, aluminum skins that get riveted to the frame, steering shafts and components, and coil over shock mounts. Once my car is built I'll have a website. I've obtained the domain name: www.chesnutmotorsports.com. My son is a racer and an engineering student. He wants to be in the racing industry. I figure the domain might work for him in the future.

My Trademark attorney did some research and says that I can obtain the Trademark "Chesnut Wildcat". Cheetahs are in the Big Cat family. Wildcat keeps my car in the Big Cat family. I didn't want to use the Cheetah name because my car is not a replica. And, I didn't want to infringe on the Bill Thomas history or intellectual property.

I'm still going to use the parts I have for my build. It will not be one with a fancy, high performance engine. I have a slightly built 305 SBC with, I think, about 285hp. (Vortec heads, 9.5 pistons, cam, aluminum intake, and a Demon 625 street carb). The trans is a Richmond 4 speed, C4 Vette diff with a 2:59 ratio, C4 independent suspension and gauges that I've had for years. I'll be trying to use off the shelf shorty headers that will attach to the side pipes.

I'm going to post my build. I'm wondering if I should post it here or start a new thread under Chesnut Wildcat.

If anyone has friends that are Chevy guys and wants a Cobra like driving experience I think my car fills that void.

Having fun