View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Success! We had liftoff on Saturday despite the really nasty cold drizzling rain, and a very good crowd made it, thanks Guys!

Russ from San Antonio came up and helped me get started. We first set the #1 piston on top dead center, then marked the distributor and rotor position with a sharpee. I then removed the distributor and manually ran the oil pump with his priming tool, and I saw that the oil pressure jumped up to 80-90 psi which was encouraging. Then once the crowd arrived, including my dad and son, I ran the oil primer once more, then installed the distributor back in place at the marks I previously made. I then filled the carb float bowls with fuel up to half way in the sight glass and it was time to roll it out and try to start.

We pushed the car out to the driveway and everyone gathered around. I jumped in anxious to push the "boom!" button. Hit the starter and the engine turned over and over and over and no fire. Not a spit or sputter. Then someone yelled they saw a fuel leak in the fuel rail. It was minor, and I jumped out to grab a wrench. As I came back he said "found your problem, bobby" - I had forgot to plug the distributor wire back in. Duh!

After tightening the fuel fitting, I jumped back in, hit hit button and this time......

Yippee! Ain't Life Grand?!

My brother in law came with his multi-camera video set up and took a lot of high quality video. He is editing it up this week and I will publish it as soon as I get it.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!