View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Bit the VA dash fitting bullet

So after some unsuccessful research I came back to the VA dash option shown earlier in this thread.

It turns out it has backlighting capability, so I discovered the local retailers and bought one unit.

The exposed body photo shows how the knobs are essentially opaque plastic.

The led lights positioned between the knobs throw light up the knob shafts and side light the face and graphics on the dash plate when this is fitted on top.

[IMG][/IMG]

What is not visible is a small hole at the end of the groove visible on each knob face. Light shines through these holes to highlight how far each switch has been turned. Quite ingenious and simple too.

So not a cheap option but it has given me the basis to move forward.

With local engineering contacts I have facilitate a CAD drawing of the face part and with new graphics engraving I can have a part that suits my needs.

Graphics planned are as per the attached hand sketch below that I've provided to my engineer.

[IMG][/IMG]

I am planning on having two faces made, one to be anodised black like the original, the other I am just going leave as a brushed alloy finish.

This lets me choose which coloured variant best suits the dash layout and style.

But given I have to now move my speedo location and re-position my stereo all these changes are going to tie in together nicely!