View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you for your comments.

Over that last couple of years I've dealt with a company that's 1.5 hours from me that makes CNC routers. i use routers in the manufacture of children's coin banks that I invented. In the same building of that company is a chassis fab/welding/machine/paint shop. I took my frame and body to them on Thursday to discuss having them do the final welding and painting of my frame. I'm bringing my jig, frame, and body to them on Jan 2nd. They will do the final welding, make front and rear bumpers, (needed for NY registration), and work up a price to build complete frames for me.

With the car back in my shop I've started to work on it. I made some new brackets to mount the windshield to the frame. I set the brackets so that the windshield is mounted 1/64 of an inch above the fiberglass. I did this so that there isn't any stress on the glass.

I made a pair of 1/4 inch wide wood pieces that I tabbed to the body with body filler. Then glassed them in. The glassed in pieces create the duct for the radiator. (not mounted yet). The hinges for the full tilt hood slide into tubing on the frame and secure with 2 bolts. Remove the bolts and the hood slides forward and can easily be removed. The hinges bolt to the body with metal plates that bolt to each side of the duct. The hood is very stiff. One finger from one side is all that is needed to flip it up.

Having fun