View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I blew a disc some time in about 1985. Put up with pain meds and tried physical therapy but it kept coming back. I had disc surgery in 1988. Doctor told me then it might work for about 10 years. I still have occasional episodes but I take care and don't do "bold moves", ie, hiking in rock scramble is practically out of the question, and even climbing a ladder is done with extreme caution. When it gets real bad I've had steroid injections but haven't had to do it for about 6 years. I had a MRI a few years ago and the dr told me it was L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 and it would be fusion, which would mean severe restriction on motion.

Then two years ago I had a horrible shoulder pain. I thought it was rotator cuff, but it turned out to be a pinched neck nerve. That took 6 months of PT and three steroid injections.

It's hereditary. My mom and uncle have back troubles and both of our daughters do too.

This is part of the reason I have to sell my FGT, it's just getting too hard to get in and out and turn my head to see out of the right side mirror. Now it's trucks and SUVs with backup and right hand cameras with better visibility.