View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The only thing I would add on the mounting procedure is for you to try and mount the eye bolts directly in to the frame. But, unfortunately, sometimes the frame posts just aren't where you want them to be. In that case, do not just bolt them blindly through fiberglass or thin aluminum -- they will rip out when you need them most. You will have to fab up some sort of reasonably strong back plates. Now, personally, you don't have to go completely crazy making it all that strong because, if you get hit that hard, you're probably a goner anyway and those belts aren't going to save you. But they ought to be able to withstand a medium hard whack without pulling their bolts out.
I think Im going to order something like the Crow 4 point. I can get the lap part mounted right away and then see if I can make the shoulders work. I think if I mount the bezels to run the through as high as possible to a large backing plate it would be better than nothing. At least slow me down before putting the steering wheel through my chest.